Wednesday, January 16, 2013

TheraSuit Australia - Day Eight


Warming up makes me a little nervous... I know full well now what comes after...

Stretching and weights..  3.5kgs on my leg and 1.5kgs on my arm...

2.5 kgs on my arms today!

There was a new exercise for me today. It was like making snow angels with my arms.

 

 Arms out to the side and back to the centre.

When Corey walked near me to say hello today I grabbed at him and pulled him close for a cuddle!

 
I think I even had a little snooze while Nico was strapping my leg splints on.

 I pumped 5.5kgs with my legs - that's over HALF my body weight!!

Lifting my bottom off the bed will strengthen my muscles so I can...

Balance in four point! Head up and weight bearing on one arm!!

By the time the last hour rolls around, I am absolutely exhausted.. I just don't feel like I could possibly do any more. I wasn't happy about standing in the corner... I don't know how I even mustered the energy to kick the ball... but I did!

Spinning in the chair was a brief little rest off my feet. I did get a little bit dizzy though and I let out a little scared squeal... Mummy can't say if I have ever been dizzy before. So that was a new experience for me.

I took some pretty good steps today and I spent a reasonable portion of today with my eyes open and looking around. It is a change to see what is going on around me. I normally have my eyes scrunched shut and crying. I think I am starting to get used to the work I need to do during my time with Nico.

1 comment: