Tuesday, January 8, 2013

TheraSuit Australia - Day one

It is very exciting for us to have Nico from the Pediatric Fitness Center here to do some more TheraSuit Therapy with me. I am booked for 6 weeks!!! I can't wait to see what I can achieve with 90 hours of intensive work!


 
This is a new exercise for me - Neuromobilisation, it gives a deep proprioception and sends postural information through the joint receptors. Nico was moving my legs quickly through a lot of different positions.
 
 
 
 
I have been doing weights with my legs too. I bend my leg up, then push it down and hold it straight and flat for 10 seonds.
 
 
 
I am even doing weights with my arms. Using my right arm is a really big deal for me. I have lots of trouble moving it on my own and I don't use it to do anything. This exercise was HARD!
 
 
Then we moved on to using 2 arms.
 
 
I surprised Mummy a bit when I was working with my left leg... I was able to kick the ball off the table with my left leg!
 
 
 
Weight baring through my arms over a wedge is still not my favourite exercise...
 
 
 
I was already so very tired by the time it came to put on the TheraSuit!
 
 
 
I still managed to do some ball exercises - (Nico cheering me on!)
 
 
 
 
Balancing on the ball...
 
 
This exercise is really interesting! Nico was using my elbow extension to help me stand up! The elbow extension activates the triceps and core muscles necessary for aligning my posture! I stood straight up - big and tall!

And even after all the hard work I had already put in, there was still more for me to do.
 
 
10.30am... all done

1 comment: