Tuesday, September 24, 2013

TheraSuit September 2013 - Day 10

This is day ten of therasuit here in the USA. Nico is starting with the ETPS acupuncture to help loosen and activate my tight muscles. You can see in my face that this doesn't really bother me as much as it used to.

I am still doing some manual stretching before we move on to the really hard work though.


Today Elvis stopped in to do some of the exercises with Nico. This is the one that Mummy usually helps with. Working on reciprocal leg movements. When one leg is pushing down, the other one starts to lift up. Just like when you walk. Each leg has 6 kgs on it now and I am starting to get some good muscle definition.

I am sneaking little power naps in between exercises.

I have 3 kgs strapped to each leg here and I need to open my legs and preferably hold them open so I can stretch and strengthen my own muscles.

My first instinct is to close my legs and pull them both slightly to one side. Nico has strapped even more weights to me now.

I am really disliking doing four point. I know Nico is trying to show me how I can push up on my arms and move them up and down the slope of the wedge. If I master this  on my own, I will be able to transition from sitting into crawling!!
 
Nico is being tough on me and making me use my right side. When I sit up I always only use my left side. So he is splinting my left side as much as he can. He has even given me a splint to take home with me and making me wear it as much as I can.

We move through the movements of sitting by using my right side only. I definitely have the strength and I can do it. I just need to realise I CAN do this on my own with out help.

To finish the day I am doing sit to stand exercises on the peanut ball and supporting my body weight mostly on the bars as I would have to to when I use a walker on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment