Thursday, September 19, 2013

TheraSuit September 2013 - Day 6

 I am trying to be so brave during the first hour of therapy. I still do not like the ETPS acupuncture very much, but I am trying to not think about it

 The stretching is still tough!

 I push 5.5 kgs on  my right leg. This works on my quadriceps and helps them get stronger so I can use them.

 Nico and Mummy work on my reciprocal patterning. There is 5.5kgs on each leg and I alternate pushing down. It's just like riding a bike or walking

 The abductor exercises are hard for me with my right leg. My first reaction is to pull my legs together. What I need to do is swing my leg outwards and kick the ball off the table.

 This exercise will help me when I learn to push up into four point. I am weight bearing on my arms and activating my core muscles.

 Nico is helping me to transition from sitting into a crawling position. He is showing me how I can do this myself and which muscles to use.

 I practice my crawling hands up a sloping wedge and back down again.

 And he is helping me to push up on my arms. I can do this ok with my left arm, but getting up on my right takes some effort. I did do it though!

To finish off the session I did some pretty good walking! There was nothing on my legs. No splints or suits, just me holding my own weight up and taking steps. Not bad for day 6!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment