Monday, September 16, 2013

TheraSuit September 2013 - Day Two

Today Nico started by using this sensory ball on my feet. I didn't like it at all! It feel very different to anything I have felt on my feet before.

The stretching didn't bother me too much today. I was quite tolerant as Nico stretched my adductors. This is to help me to be able to move my leg out to the side easier.

Nico added something new to our routine today. It is an ETPS digital acupuncture device.
What he is working on here is the para sympathetic system. It is 3 points on my wrist in the shape of a triangle. It calmed me down almost instantly, and you could see that I was processing some information that was being given to me. He also worked on my bicep and thumb. I didn't like him working on my thumb!
 
Nico started his boot camp lightly. Only 4 kgs! It was still a lot for me to press down with my sleepy leg.

I did so much of this abductor exercise in January that I remembered after only a little bit of stimulation on my right arm. I did some pretty good kicks to the side and knocked the ball to the floor. I even held my left leg open longer than Nico thought I would. He was impressed!

My balance was not too bad either. I was being held fairly low on my legs and I was able to stand big and tall and correct myself when I over balanced.

A new and very hard exercise for me was this one. I had my legs over the roll and supported my whole body on my arms. The goal was for me to be able to lift my bottom up so I didn't sag in the middle. I was a Blaise plank!

I have been working so hard I snatch a snippet of rest when ever I can

The vibrating machine is good sensory input too. Weight bearing on my hands while it vibrates at different speeds can help me feel all the different muscles.

The same thing happens when I stand on it with bare feet. I wasn't sure what to think of this.

I did quite a few exercises on this machine today. It is hard to work on squats. It is a bit of an effort to get up into a standing position.

Four point has been a bit easier for me this time around. I don't fight as much and even have a bit more balance.

It is a bit of an effort for me to do steps up with my sleepy right leg. If I can unlock my right side, these exercises will become much more easier for me to be able to master.

Lilly was a welcome distraction to finish up my day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment